Privacy Notice Privacy Notice for DMA Media Limited. Last updated: 01/09/2018
1. Who we are DMA Media Holdings Limited (“DMA”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) is comprised of DMA Media Limited, DMA Media Productions Limited, Unseen Archives Limited, Synaptic Digital Limited (TheNewsMarket) and each of their respective subsidiaries and services. You can find our contact information here and more information about our brands and services at https://www.dma-media.com.
3. How and when do we collect your data? We collect your personal data when you register on our sites and subscribe to email alerts, through the online forms you fill out to perform these tasks. In addition, each time you visit one of our sites or use one of our mobile or tv apps we collect data that identifies your device, your IP address and the activities on the site linked to that device and IP address, for example which pages are visited and for how long. We only collect any of this data if you positively consent for us to do so. We get your consent by asking you to click a check-box when you register, subscribe, use one of our apps or visit one of our sites for the first time. If you do not click these check-boxes to say you positively consent for us to collect your data, we do not collect your data. At any time you can limit the data we collect or stop us collecting any data at all. You can do this via these email addresses:
Cancel your registration, remove all personal data and stop further further data collection : email@example.com
Unsubscribe from email alerts: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. What data do we gather?
a) Direct personal information – this is information you tell us, for example about who you are, what you do, where you work and what your preferences are for using our sites and apps.
b) Indirect personal information – this is information about the way you use our sites and apps, for example, where you are accessing our sites or apps from, which pages you look at, how long you stay on them, what videos you watch.
c) Technical information – this is information we collect from your computer or other device that you are using to access the site, telling us, for example, which IP address you are connecting from, what type of device you’re using and what browser. If you wish to limit or stop us collecting your data, the links under section 3 above will help you do so. If you wish to find out what data we hold on you, please contact us at email@example.com
5. Why do we collect this data? We rely on the data we collect about you for the following purposes: to fulfil your requests for products and services, such as the content available through our sites and apps to send you important news about the services you have signed-up to and any electronic alerts relevant to those services that you have consented to receive to communicate with you regarding transactions conducted through the site or app to analyse usage patterns of the site or app in order to determine which areas our users find most valuable to and to evaluate ways to improve the site to inform existing and potential business partners of the number of people using our sites and apps, the ways people use them and about the specific user experiences of those areas of our sites or apps that are dedicated to any specific business partner to inform you of relevant new features and events of interest to conduct research and surveys in order to improve our sites and services to you If you wish to limit or stop us collecting your data, the links under section 3 above will help you do so. If you wish to find out what data we hold on you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. How long do we keep your data for? For the duration of your consent to this policy, we keep your data for as long as is necessary to carry out our services effectively and for as long as we are legally obliged to do so. Following your request to remove your personal data from our system, we will do so within a month of your request being received.
7. Who do we share your data with? We utilise a number of third party services for the legitimate operation of our business and some of your data will be stored or shared with these services. They include services that help us deliver our website and applications platforms, marketing services that help us ensure we target our communications appropriately and analytic services that help us understand how our services are being used and can be improved. We provide business services to other businesses. In some cases, we provide their media centre or newsroom sites and functionality.. When you use a newsroom site managed by us, you will be asked to consent to that site’s privacy and cookie policies. Any of the data we capture on these sites will be shared with the business we are providing our services. We only share personal data with others where we are legally permitted to do so. We are a global business and we use third parties located in other countries to help us deliver our services, including countries outside the European Union such as India and the USA. We have taken steps to ensure all personal data is provided with adequate protection and that all transfers of personal data to any location are done lawfully. We use third parties to support us in providing our services and managing our business. These include providers of information technology, cloud based software as a service, website hosting and management, data analysis, data backup, security and storage services. The technical infrastructure where your personal data is stored is located in secure data centres run by a third party service provider.
9. Where do you store my data and how do you keep it safe? We have security measures in place to protect against loss, unauthorized access, misuse, alteration and improper disclosure of the personal information you provide us. These measures include encryption of your personal data according to recommended data protection standards. Notwithstanding our security measures, you should be aware that when you submit personal information to one of our sites or apps, the information may travel over systems that are not under our control, such as your wi-fi hub and your internet provider’s infrastructure.
11. Contacting us If you have any questions about this policy, the practices of our sites or apps, your experiences with us in any way, or you would like to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you, you can contact us at email@example.com .